Sunday 31 January 2016

Career Talk之心得报告

Okay, so I thought about Yew Vee's idea of having a session where we can all sit down and share anything we had learnt in every event we participated or organized (especially organized), whether its from a technical point of view or emotional point of view. It can be anything. And I thought this idea is definitely good, because it brings out a lot of positive energy and at the same time, we can be truthful not only to ourselves, but to others. So instead of having a session (which most of us probably won't have the time), I decided to put it down in words instead.

To be honest, about this career talk, I admit that I haven't been doing a really good job in up-keeping throughout this time. I know this weakness of mine, which is I get bored of following-through something and lose focus easily. Most people shall say this as 三分钟热度. I lose interested in things which needs attention and upkeep throughout time, in this case, is needing to follow-through WhatApps every time. And throughout the time, I will try as best as possible to escape this, sometimes having the mindset of: "If I can avoid it, I will avoid it until I can't". And until the day before the event, where all the last minute magic happens, I get frustrated easily, because of all the workload I delayed until the very end of time suddenly weighed down on me so heavily.

And in the process, I had troubled the people around me, and might even hurt them. I hereby say I'm sorry to those that I had hurt. Sorry to Szeching for being scolded with no valid reason. From Szeching and Quian Wei, I learnt to really put faith on people, especially to those who are close to me. Forgive me that I hadn't believe you two so much, as this is my first time not really having to brief you guys face to face about how the whole event runs, I got anxious, not knowing whether you two were truly aware of the whole flow. And also maybe I'm just to used to handle all the things by my own, maybe I stand alone for too long that I forgot how to trust people again. But in fact, you guys really did a splendid job as emcees, especially Szeching, you really improved a lot. Thank you and sorry.

And to Karwye, who was almost totally blurred throughout the planning period, sorry that I didn't explain much about the details to you. Sometimes I really caught up with a lot of things that I forgot to tell you the updates and also a lot of things I always assumed that you should know. And in the very last minute, you were forced to accompany me doing those last minute work. Thank you for tolerating my attitude and bad habits. I will change for the better.

And as for Yuhang and YewVee, haha... for the pre-U session, honestly, although I didn't manage to sit throughout the whole sharing, but I know you guys did an AWESOME job. Seems like I found people who are really reliable to be my vice-chairpersons. Seriously, really lucky to have you two.

Of course, not to forget the remaining exco who came, Qian Shi. Thank you for helping out even though you can be at home relaxing that time. Some more forced by me to sit for sharings that you were not interested in. Haha!

So to sum this up, from this event, I learnt to trust people more, and if we were to improve SYN for the better, the first step I must take is to run the whole body as a TEAM, not by an individual. I have to remind myself I'm not a lone wolf any more as I have you guys. And through believing people and giving people the parts they need to unlock their potentials and learning growth, that's when we all feel as if we are truly a TEAM. Thank you to all who fulfilled my learning today! Truly grateful to have you guys! Love you guys! SYN add oil!!! Muacks~ <3 XD





No comments:

Post a Comment